|

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Another One Lost

There was a concert last night that I wish I had been able to go to. It was at the Independent in San Francisco and for $10 I could have seen Lake Trout, Benzos, Send For Help and Viva K. I really wanted to see Lake Trout and Send For Help. Oh well, I'm sure they'll play in town again sometime soon.

The first song I heard by Lake Trout was "Throw Me The Whip". It's this funky little instrumental number with a great bassline over really solid drumming; a great song for driving. Not to mention, it's got one of the best jazz flute leads in recent music. I heard this song and was blown away; I rushed out and bought the "Another One Lost" album. On the version of the cd I bought, there was a free mp3 for a live track called "Lakelive @ XM Studios" clocking in at 31:06. This song was also a fantastic instrumental and I thought these guys could do no wrong. But, upon listening to the actual cd for "Another One Lost" I was disappointed to find that they weren't an instrumental band at all. They sounded more like some weird cross between Coldplay, Blur and Grotus; not quite what I was hoping for. But I have heard that they put on a great live show.

Send for help are a newish band from San Francisco I recently ran across. I frequently visit their myspace page to listen and I can't seem to get enough. Reccomended if you like bands such as Pinback, The Rum Diary or Built To Spill.

The following songs are highly recommend, please check them out.

Lake Trout - Lakelive@XM Studios (mp3)
Lake Trout - Throw Me The Whip (mp3)
Send For Help - Burmese Tiger Pit (mp3)





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?