|

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Removable Parts

I attended a funeral yesterday. I had never been to a funeral before and I didn't even know the person who had died. Heck, I didn't even know anyone in the family of the man who died. I was there to support Maggie, who works with the mother of the man who died.

Anyway, it was not a good time. It all seemed pretty sad. Not just sad because this man died; sad because it seemed like people were having a hard time coming up with nice things to say about him. Sad because this man was 40 and didn't really do anything with his life. There was no mention of a significant other, no close friends and no co-workers. I guess it was especially sad to me because I could see my funeral being a lot like this one was. I can see how my life could look like I haven't done anything either. All I can really hope for is that when asked to use a single word to describe me at my funeral, no one comes up with "Miles per hour", like I witnessed yesterday.

While thinking about all of this yesterday, I started thinking about this song by Track Star called "The View From Space". The line that kept running through my mind was "Sometimes I think about my funeral and who's gonna be there". Excellent single by a great San Francisco band. I first heard them when they opened up for Sunny Day Real Estate and 764-Hero and have been a fan ever since. On a side note, the Track Star album "Lion Destroyed The Whole World" is, in my opinion, one of the best break up albums of all time.

Track Star - Removable Parts / The View From Space 7"
(Suicide Squeeze Records)


Removable Parts (mp3)
The View From Space (mp3)



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?