|

Sunday, January 15, 2006

Transistor Radio

I missed, what I would guess was, a really fun show last night. The Helio Sequence, The Can't See and Black Fiction played at the Rickshaw Stop in San Francisco.

I've been a fan of the Helio Sequence since I first picked up a copy of their demo cd "Accelerated Slow-Motion Cinema (EP)" back in 99. It blew me away that two eighteen year olds could write and record such a solid album all by themselves. And what was more impressive was that it sounded like a mix of eaqual parts the Beatles and the Beta Band. Two of the songs ended up on their Cavity Search Records debut but were re-recorded. I prefer the sound of the demos as they are a little more raw and exciting. Be sure and check out their other two albums released on Sub Pop Records.

The Can't See are somewhat new to me, but I'm excited to hear a full length release since I was such a fan of 764-Hero and Hush Harbor.

Anyways, here's the Helio Sequence for your listening pleasure:

The Helio Sequence - Accelerated Slow-Motion Cinema (EP)
(Self Released Demo)



Just Mary Jane (Calypso) (mp3)
106 / Accelerated Slow-Motion Cinema (mp3)
Transistor Radio (mp3)
The Birth (mp3)



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?