|

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Print Edition



For one of my classes at SRJC I had to create a newsletter. Since I haven't had time to write anything of any importance lately, I'll just post that newsletter.

Who Wants False Teeth?


After having a lot of tooth pain last month, I went to the dentist to see what was going on. It turns out that I need to have a root canal. Having a root canal doesn’t really scare me; the part that scares me is that I have no way to pay for it. I’m a student and I am unemployed. This makes it very hard to have either medical or dental insurance. And really, who could come up with $1,500 at the drop of a hat?

I figured that someone would be able to set up some sort of payment plan for me where I could pay off the procedure over a few months. It turns out that the dentists who do root canals expect payment in full at the time of service.

After weeks of calling dentists, looking for someone who could help, I finally called my parent’s dentist. They said they’d be able to set me up with a payment plan since they knew my family. The only bad part is that the dentist in the office that does molar root canals just went on vacation for three weeks. So, maybe I’ll get this tooth taken care of next month.

Mo’ Money

I finally received some money for school. After a long wait, I received some Pell Grant money and was able to buy books and supplies for school. That’s really good news because it’s hard to go to school without supplies. In related news, I should be hearing about my federal student loans later this week. Wish me luck.

In Heavy Rotation


The Jealous Sound

“Kill Them With Kindness”
(www.betterlookingrecords.com)

The Jealous Sound is better that the sum of its parts. Featuring ex-members of Knapsack, Morphine, Shudder To Think, Sunday’s Best, Neither Trumpets Nor Drums and Pulley. Referred to as “The rock you must have” by Spin magazine, this album sound like equal parts Catherine Wheel, the Anniversary and Jimmy Eat World. Standout tracks include “Hope For Us”, “Anxious Arms” and “The Fold Out”. If you’re a fan of any of the bands listed above, this cd is well worth your time and money.

Let Them Eat War

On March 18, 2006, the third anniversary of the “Shock and Awe” invasion of Iraq, there will be anti-war protests worldwide. Come to the rally in San Francisco and show the government what you think of their war on Iraq.

Saturday, March 18 @ 11a.m. in San Francisco
Civic Center, at Grove and Larkin Streets (near Civic Center BART)
(www.answercoalition.org)




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?