|

Friday, June 09, 2006

Thank God For Mental Illness



Maggie and I watched the Brian Jonestown Massacre/Dandy Warhols documentary DiG! this weekend. I highly recommend it. Never before has mental illness been so entertaining, frightening and sad at the same time.

Back in 1995, I picked up the Brian Jonestown Massacre album Methodrone and thought it was awesome, one of my favorites that year. Soon after I heard the Dandy Warhols and forgot all about the BJM. It's quite a shame really.

While watching Dig!, I was really impressed with the music of Anton Newcombe and the speed and ease at which the songs seemed to pour out of him. I am now celebrating the entire back catalog of the BJM and have them in heavy rotation.

Sure, I still love the early recordings of the Dandy Warhols but they haven't impressed me in years. Time for something new/old.

Highly recommended songs include:
The Brian Jonestown Massacre - Super-Sonic.mp3
The Brian Jonestown Massacre - Evergreen.mp3
The Brian Jonestown Massacre - That Girl Suicide.mp3
The Brian Jonestown Massacre - Wisdom.mp3

Head over to Dead Bees Records to download these songs (if the links are down) and lots more BJM mp3s for free.

Also, head over to the BJM website to download all of their albums (free in ogg format) for your listening pleasure.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?